The 100 most Interesting, unknown and amazing facts are here. Read and enjoy…
1. SKEPTICISMS is the longest word that alternates your hands when typing!
2. TAPHEPHOBIA is the fear of being buried alive!
3. The sentence “The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.” has every letter of the English alphabet!
4. You know you are born with 300 bones, but when you get to be an adult, you only have 206!
5. Honey is the only food that doesn’t spoil for years. You can store it in a jar and it will still be fit to eat after 3,000 years.
6. The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating any letter is “UNCOPYRIGHTABLE.”
7. The longest single-syllabled word in the English language is “SCREECHED.”
8. Thomas Alva Edison, lightbulb inventor, was afraid of the dark!
9. A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off, it dies because of starvation!
10. The most used letter in the English alphabet is ‘E’, and whereas ‘Q’ is the least used!
11. Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue and Lips prints are different!
12. Dolphins will sleep with one eye open !!
13. Dogs can hear sounds which you can’t !!
14. The Penguin is the only bird which can swim, but not fly!
15. Of all the words in the English language, the word SET has the most definitions!
16. Do you know Rice paper does not have any rice in it!
17. Humans blink their eyes over 10,000,000 times a year!
18. 12+1 = 11+2, and “twelve plus one” is an anagram of “eleven plus two.”
19. If you start counting at one and spell out the numbers as you go, you won’t find the letter “A” used until you reach 1,000.In the same way 0-99 Spellings there are no a, b, c letters.
20. The heart symbol was first used to denote love in the 1250. Prior to that, it represented ‘foliage’.
21. Every second, Americans collectively eat one hundred pounds of chocolates.
22. Alexander Graham Bell, the inventor of the telephone,has never called his wife or mother because they both were deaf.
23. An octopus has three hearts.
24. Star fish has no Brain.
25. Gold Fish has Short Time memory loss.
26. In 32 years. There are about 1 billion seconds!
27. Do you know When You Fall in Love You Lose Two Close Friends.
28. In 1999, the founders of Google actually tried to sell it to Excite for just US$1 million. Excite turned them down.
29. When a Google employee dies, their spouses receive half pay from the company for 10 years and their children US$1,000 per month until they turn 19.
30. Google intends to scan all known existing 129 million unique books before 2020.
31. Every minute, 2 million searches are performed on Google.
32. Google is developing a computer so smart which can program itself.
33. The average person spends about 3 months of his/her lifetime sitting on the toilet.
34. Computer Keyboards can carry more than 200 times as many bacteria as a toilet seat.
35. 600,000 hacking attempts are made to Facebook accounts every day in the world.
36. ‘Al Pacino’ was the first “face” appeared on Facebook.
37. Facebook is primarily blue because Mark Zuckerberg suffers red-green colour blindness
38. Facebook, Twitter and The New York Times have been blocked in China since 2009
39. You can’t block Mark Zuckerberg on Facebook
40. The “Like” button on Facebook was originally going to be called “Awesome”
Recommended for you :
- Best General Knowledge for All posts
- Most commonly confused British- American words list
- Awesome websites to visit when bored
41. Facebook is estimated to spend around $30 million a month on hosting alone.
42. Beer is claimed to help prevent cardiac disease and cognitive decline.
43. It’s illegal to take Indian currency (Rupees) out of India
44. In West Bengal, India, cows must have a Photo ID Card.
45. The first mobile phone call was made in 1973 by Martin Cooper, a former Motorola inventor
46. Abraham Lincoln, Walt Disney, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison and Steve Jobs, all of them had no college degree.
47. Over 100,000 new dot com domains are registered on the web every day.
48. Nose prints are used to identify dogs, just like humans use fingerprints!
49. Sleeping through winter is HIBERNATION, while sleeping through summer is ‘ESTIVATION’.
50. Before trees were common, the Earth was covered in giant mushrooms.
51. Antarctica is the coldest, windiest, highest and driest continent on Earth.
52. Over 90% of American movies made before 1929 are lost, no copies are known to exist.
53. Bruce Lee was so fast, they actually had to run his films slower so you can see his moves.
54. After watching Star Wars, James Cameron decided to quit his job as a truck driver to enter the film industry.
55. There is a food substitute intended to supply all daily nutritional needs, known as “Soylent”.
56. Coconut water can be used (in emergencies) as a substitute for blood plasma.
57. Dynamite is made with peanuts.
58. ‘149-0’ is the highest score ever made in a Soccer game
59. FIFA has more member countries than the U.N.
60. If you have a pizza with radius Z and thickness A, its volume is =Pi*Z*Z*A
61. The original 2014 World Cup’s ball was produced in Pakistan.
62. Ancient Babylonians did math in base 60 instead of base 10. That’s why we have 60 seconds in a minute and 360 degrees in a circle.
63. Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
64. Your body has enough iron in it to make a metal nail 3 inches long.
65. Sweat itself is odourless. It’s the bacteria on the skin that mingles with it and produces body odour.
66. Ears and Nose never stop growing.
67. If the human eye was a digital camera it would have 576 megapixels.
68. 2,520 is the smallest number that can be exactly divided by all the numbers 1 to 10.
69. 123 – 45 – 67 + 89 = 100.
123 + 4 – 5 + 67 – 89 = 100.
123 – 4 – 5 – 6 – 7 + 8 – 9 = 100.
1 + 23 – 4 + 5 + 6 + 78 – 9 = 100.
70. There are 177,147 ways to tie a tie, according to mathematicians.
71. Newton invented/discovered calculus in about the same amount of time the average student learns it.
72. Your brain uses 20% of the total oxygen and blood in your body.
73. There’s more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.
74. In a lifetime, your brain’s long-term memory can hold as many as 1 quadrillion (1 million billion) separate bits of information.
75. The highest recorded body temperature in a human being was a fever of 115.7°F (46.5°C).
76. Abraham Lincoln’s son, Robert, was saved from a train accident by Edwin Booth, brother of his father’s killer, John Wilkes Booth.
77. FIDO, Abraham Lincoln’s dog, was also assassinated.
78. Charles Darwin and Abraham Lincoln were born on the same day.
79. Lack of oxygen in the brain for 5 to 10 minutes results in permanent brain damage.
80. The pathologist who made Einstein body’s autopsy stole his brain and kept it in a jar for 20 years.
81. Long-term mobile phone use significantly increases the risk of brain tumours, a study found.
82. PHOBOPHOBIA is the fear of having a phobia.
83. HIPPOPOTOMONSTROSESQUIPPEDALIOPHOBIA is the fear of long words.
84. Apple iPad’s retina display is actually manufactured by Samsung.
85. Apple’s co-founder sold all his shares for $800.Today, they would have been worth US$35 billion.
86. A group of owls is called a Parliament.
87. Charlie Chaplin once lost in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.
88. The founder of Match.com lost his girlfriend to a man she met on Match.com
89. A group of crows is called a “murder”.
90. Benjamin Franklin wrote “Fart Proudly”, a scientific essay about farts.
91. Mobile phones have 18 times more bacteria than toilet handles.
92. Scientists have developed a way of charging mobile phones using urine.
93. NOMOPHOBIA is the fear of being without your cellphone or losing your signal.
94. More People In The World Have Mobile Phones Than Toilets.
95. The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache on a standard playing card!
96. STEWARDESSES is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
97. The names of all the continents end with the same letter that they start with.
98. The Black Box found in aircraft is orange in colour.
99. Camel’s milk does not curdle.
100. The letter ‘J’ does not appear anywhere in the periodic table of the elements.
If you like this ,then share it and have fun…